Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Zealand  Visit Visa 

See full size image

Visiting New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011.
If you are planning to visit New Zealand in 2011 for the Rugby World Cup you may need a visa. If you are from a country that is not on our visa-free list you will need to apply for a visitor visa before you come to New Zealand.
If you are from a visa-free country, you do not need a visa. On arrival in New Zealand you will need to have evidence of funds for the length of your visit, and an onward ticket. If you have ever been deported from any country or have criminal convictions you may be stopped from entering New Zealand.

Regardless of whether you require a visa or not, you will also need to meethealth requirements and character requirements, and be considered to be agenuine visitor, before you will be allowed entry to New Zealand.

If you are concerned about your eligibility to enter New Zealand because you do not meet the health or character requirements (such as criminal convictions or previously being deported from another country), please contact your nearest Immigration New Zealand (INZ) branch.

You should check the INZ website regularly, as policies are subject to review and may change.

All visitors entering New Zealand

All visitors to New Zealand must meet the requirements of an acceptable standard of health and good character, and be a genuine visitor. You will also need:

  • evidence that you have plans and the means to leave New Zealand within the period of your permit. Suitable evidence may include:
    • a valid ticket out of New Zealand,or
    • written confirmation from an airline or travel agency that onward travel has been booked and paid for
  • evidence that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in New Zealand. This means you have a minimum of:
    • NZ$1000 per person per month of the visit, or
    • NZ$400 per person per month if accommodation has already been paid for – we will require proof of prepayment, such as hotel prepaid vouchers
  • a passport valid for three months beyond the date you are leaving New Zealand.

How to apply for a visitor's visa

This section tells you how to apply for your visa. It includes useful checklists to help you supply the right information when you apply for your visa.

You will need to complete the Visitor's Visa/Permit Application (INZ 1017) PDF. The Visitor's Visa/Permit Guide (INZ 1018) PDF will help you with completing this application form.

Each completed application form must be submitted to the designated INZ office for your country, with:

  • a passport valid for three months beyond the date you are leaving New Zealand
  • one recent passport-sized photograph of you
  • the appropriate fee
  • your confirmed travel itinerary and evidence of onward travel
  • evidence of funds.

Your application can include your partner, and any dependent children up to the age of 19 years.

Once we conduct an initial assessment of your visitor's visa application we may request a personal interview or ask you for additional documentation, such as a police certificate or a Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1007) PDF or other information.

What would prevent me getting a visa?

If your application is incomplete when you lodge it, or you submit false information or you do not meet our requirements, we may refuse to accept your application or we may decline it.

Some people who have committed serious crimes will not be allowed into New Zealand at all. Section 7(1) of the Immigration Act 1987 outlines what disqualifies an applicant in these terms.

I am accepted

Got your visa or permit? Here are some things you might like to know.

Arriving at the New Zealand border visa-free

If you are a visa-free visitor you apply for a permit at the border by filling in your arrival card. You will be allowed to stay for three months or six months if you are from the United Kingdom.

If you would like to stay for longer in New Zealand, as a visitor, or to study or to find a job, then you will need to contact us either online, by phone, or by visiting an Immigration office in New Zealand.

After you arrive

If you are granted a visitor’s visa and permit you are required to meet certain conditions during your stay.

  • You may not work while you are in New Zealand (unless you apply for and are granted a work permit).
  • You may not study for more than three months while you are in New Zealand (unless you apply for and are granted a student permit).
  • While in New Zealand you must keep within New Zealand’s laws.
  • You must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by your permit.

If you do not comply with any of these conditions, you may be required to leave the country immediately.

Are you already here and want to stay longer?

If your permit is about to expire and you want to stay for longer, you must obtain a further permit as you must be on a valid permit at all times while in New Zealand. 

To obtain a further permit, you must meet the current policy requirements of the permit type you wish to apply for. Please refer to visitstudy, and work, for further information and application forms.

Medical insurance

We recommend that you have comprehensive medical insurance for the duration of your visit to New Zealand. If you are from the United Kingdom or Australia you do not need medical insurance as you are entitled to the same medical coverage as a New Zealand citizen or resident, thanks to our reciprocal health agreements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Country Counter